Thursday, March 29, 2007

Triptophan in chicken wings

I have no idea what it is, but when I embark on our weekly Archie Moore's Happy Hour, regardless of the amount of $2.50 specials or wings, I always end up sleepy.

Why is that?

I can handle my beer so let us not think it is some sort of inability to maintain my manhood. The problem is if I have a social one or a one helluva week three or four, the result is the same. Within minutes, I am yawning, lightheaded, and inevitably fall asleep. Perhaps the biggest kicker: it may last up to five hours!

If I sleep the night before or not is irrelevant and the results remain the same. Some less than qualified scientists have chimed in. My housemate wisely said that if the only thing I was consuming all day was that, the effect would be explainable. I agreed and decided to start my day earlier and have some decent food before Happy Hour. The result?

The same. Yawning and passed out by 7:30 pm.

A family member suggested it was merely my relaxed state. Perhaps. There are few times in a man's life that he can truly sit back, relax, enjoy a tasty beverage and a free chicken wing and not be in heaven. Well maybe if a Swedish supermodel was accompanying you.

Nonetheless it remains a mystery and the only food combination that has this effect on me.

I ask you readers: what is the deal?!? Comment below!

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro