Sunday, January 14, 2007

A funny thing happened on the way back from the Garden...

Ok here's a great story:
During last night's Ranger vs. Bruins game at Madison Square Garden, there was a penalty shot awarded to the NYR's Jed Ortmeyer with the Rangers up 2-1, but on the penalty kill with just over two minutes left. A fan favorite, and pivotal point in the game, the sellout crowd rose to its' feet. My youngest brother and I did the same.

As Ortmeyer scored, the crowd erupted. It was at this point of exuberence I saw a flying elbow and a see of blurry and blood. My brother, in exhaltation, had actually elbowed me and broke my nose.

Hilarious? For everyone, but myself. After crudely popping my nose back into place, my authentic Prucha jersey was covered in blood. After about 15 minutes of in-seat surgery with whatever napkins I could find, I made my way out. (Woosy to say the least!)

Why tell all of you this? Well...if you can't laugh at yourself.

(The solace came in the 3-1 victory)

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro